Saturday, September 17, 2011

Update from Pedro the Wonder Dawg! (Burned Dog Update)

Hi everyone!

I know a lot of you have been asking for an update about me, so here goes.

I have been a really good boy, and have been very patient while my burns are attended to, twice every day.   Tonight I called in the photographer, so she could take a few pictures to show you my progress.

I want to thank all of you who care so much about how I am doing, I am a very lucky dog in so many ways!!  I still have a lot of healing to do, and I will have some big scars, but that's OK.  I'll make sure to update you regarding my progress soon!  If you are reading about me for the first time, go to the previous blog to read my story.

Love, Pedro

Here I am in my saline bath. It helps all of the burned, dead skin cells slough off.


I really like my saline bath. It is soothing to my burns, and is really good for my skin.  I was pretty scared the first time, but now that I am used to it, I just stand there and enjoy it.

Aah, that feels so much better, especially on my tummy!

After my bath, any loose, dead skin is removed, so that my living skin underneath can begin to heal.  It has taken a long time to get most of my burns really clean, but I am improving so much!

I know this looks bad, but it is healing. That is healthy, living tissue. Yay!!




And here I am getting all ready for bed. All of my burns have been treated and medicated, and I'm feeling well enough that I am FINALLY using my paws to scratch my own bed into the shape I want it in.

Aah, my favorite, getting my ear scratched before I go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment